all-in-one installation problem...

i'm trying to install the all-in-one package on a box running solaris
2.7 x86.  i get the error message mentioned in your "installation
problems and bug fixes"

Problem: When installing ns-allinone or ns, I get an error message that
includes

     configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling

     For example:

     checking for ranlib... ranlib
     checking whether cross-compiling... yes
     checking for BSDgettimeofday... no
     checking for gettimeofday... no
     checking for gettimeofday declaration... missing
     checking for -linet... no
     checking for net/errno.h... yes
     checking whether char is unsigned... configure: error: can not run
test program while cross compiling
     tcl8.0.4 configuration failed! Exiting ...

     Solution: You most likely have a gcc installation problem on your
computer. Please check gcc and try again. (Also, this is an error in
tcl, not in ns. For other errors in tcl, you may find help from
Scriptics.)

i know my gcc installation is correct. i've never had any problems with
it.  i looked through the sciptics page but couldn't find anything.  can
you offer any help?

thanx,
johan vimolchalao