Re: Q : segmentation fault

=?ks_c_5601-1987?B?sei8vMfR?= wrote:

> I try to make new multicast protocol. so I made new code(*.cc,h,tcl) .
> and  I compiled ns-2. I think it is complete.
> but when I try to my example, "segmentation fault" error is occured.
>
> Can you know about this error? please, let' me know....
>
> thanks..
>
> by se-han

Hi,
Make sure you are well handling packets. In fact if you forgot to drop
or to resume a packet in a procedure this will be accumulated and will
lead to a segmentation fault or bus error. Also if you make an operation
on a null or already dropped packet this may also invoke this error.
When you pass a packet to another layer, you own no more this packet so
you must no more process it.
Hope this will help.
Paul.