Re: tcl debugger install

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Qingyue Shirley Wang wrote:

> I'm having some problems with installing Don Libs' Tcl debugger
> (tcl-debug-1.9).  I downloaded the source to a location parallel to ns-2
> and added "--with-tcldebug=../tcl-debug-1.9" to the original install script
> (both for the config option of ns-2.1b5 and nam-1.0a7).  The script was
> executed without error, but when I added "debug 1" to my tcl script I got
> the following warning: "Script debugging disabled.  Reconfigure with
> --with-tcldebug, and recompile."  What did I should have done to enable
> tcldebug?

Did the configure process pick up on tcldebug's location? read the
output. If it didn't, possible configure bug (I've encountered similar
oddities with --with-dmalloc in the past, but I wouldn't expect this
in 2.1b5 since John's been tweaking configure). Since you've got a
standard location, try just:

--with-tcldebug

by itself, or setting an absolute instead of a relative path.

Obconfiggrumble: I think enable-debug could be better
labelled/documented to indicate what it did (i.e. nothing to do with
tcl-debug. I think.) Ditto for enable-release/enable-devel.

L.