problem with rtProto/DV in latest snapshot - routing agents not receiving updates!

Hello,

I was trying to get the Greis example3 script to work - but I discovered
a problem with the NS snapshot instead.   I haven't pin-pointed the
problem yet, but this is what I have found so far....

Curiously, when I ran the validation test, it said that there was no
problem with the Greis scripts.  However, when I ran it directly, it did
not exchange the routing table information correctly and it did not
create the routing tables correctly  and, as a result, the CBR traffic
was simply dropped.

I added "puts" statements to the rtProto/DV instprocs so that I would
know when they are being called.  The following is what *should*
happen.  It is the Greis example3 script being run using the 2.1b4
version of NS:

Agent/rtProto/DV proc init-all args
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc init node
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc init node
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc init node
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc init node
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc init node
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc init node
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc init node
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-periodic-update
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-updates changes
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-to-peer nbr
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-to-peer nbr
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc recv-update {peerAddr id}
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc compute-routes
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-updates changes
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-to-peer nbr
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-to-peer nbr
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc recv-update {peerAddr id}
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc compute-routes
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-updates changes
Agent/rtProto/DV instproc send-to-peer nbr
    .
    .
    .
    .

Here is what actually happens with the current snapshot:

[...]

Notice that the recv-update and compute-routes routines are not being
called.

So I stepped through the program using gdb.   It seems that the CBR
packets are being sent, but that the pointers in the classifier in the
sending node point to the destination nodes and not to the link to the
next hop (like they normally do).   Therefore, instead of being routed
through the network, the CBR packets are sent directly to the
destination node which then hands it to the null agent which simply
drops the packets.

That is where I am right now.....

Just in case this helps....I am running this on a Intel Pentium III
using Red Hat Linux 6.0 and using the gcc-2.95.2 c/c++ compiler.

Julio

begin:vcard
n:Navas;Julio Cesar
tel;fax:510 665 1331
tel;work:510 665 1341
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.ttb.siemens.com
org:Siemens TTB Center, LLC.
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Innovator
adr;quoted-printable:;;1995 University Ave.=0D=0ASuite 375;Berkeley;CA;94704;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Julio Cesar Navas
end:vcard