time-varying rate & delay

Dear NS-users,

I am implementing simple wired-wireless links. (I am a beginner in NS).
The rate and delay of links are varying according to time... channel, network conditions.

My simple model is like this.

                   wired                 wireless
ns0 (TCP source) ---------  Base-Station -------- Mobile-Station
                    link                   link

For a wireless link, the rate or delay are time-varying according to channel condition.
For a wired link, the rate or delay are time-varying according to network condition.

Therefore, in NS link model, can we change the link rate or delay every a fixed time interval?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Tai Suk Kim