RE: Questions about LAN

About the 100Mbps CSMA/CD, after I change those parameters, it did make
> sense and the performance changed as I thought. but for 10Mbps CSMA/CD, I
> didn't see that much collision which affects the throughput and drop
> probability. Are you sure I only need to change those parameters to make the
> 100Mbps CSMA/CD work? (I just changed the #define in the .h file)

You mean mac-802_3.h?

If you really want to make sure for 10, Fast, Gig, check with IEEE 802.3
standards. It really wasn't an exhaustive list that I gave you.

> Do you know how to monitor the ifq_? The queue monitors only work for a pair
> of nodes or a link, but ifq_ sits on a vitual link which is between a real
> node and a virtual node LanNode. When I use the normal method to monitor it,
> it gave me error showing that it didn't know this link. Do you have any
> idea?

Actually I have never tried to monitor the ifq. But monitor-queue really calls
init-monitor from class SimpleLink, so my guess would be that you need a "Vlink
instproc init-monitor". See ns-link.tcl