how to glue a "tap" agent to a Mac object

In Mac.{cc,h}, it says it's possible to glue a "tap" object
(which is inherited from class Tap) to a Mac object, and get
all incoming packets redirected to the "tap" object for processing.

If someone has done like this before, would you explain to me how
to glue the "tap" object to a Mac object? Please point me to the
references if it's explained elsewhere.

Thankyou very much!

Stephen