[ns] Re: modification of congestion response of tcp reno

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Adib Bashir Motiwala wrote:

> hello
>
> im a student of texas am univ.I am trying to simulate the modifications to
> the congestion response of tcp reno.
>
> Can u give me ad idea as to what files i need to modify and the steps i
> need to go abt it.
>
> i know that the tcp.cc file has the cwnd parameter which is to be modifed
> for the different flavors of tcp reno.
>
> is tcp.cc tcp tahoe>?

yes.

> also do i need to write clases in tcp.h and then in tcp-reno.cc?
>
> and ns-default ..the parameters need to be added for the flavors
>
> can ui give me an idea as to how to go abt it.

If you meant to create an agent that behave similar to reno.
You probably want to: (I think you've laid out this process
somehow yourself.)
1. cp tcp-reno.cc (or tcp-newreno.cc) to tcp-yourownreno.cc
2. make modification in tcp-yourownreno.cc
3. mimic what's done to add class TCP/Reno (so yes, some changes in tcp.h
and ns-default might be necessary)

This way, you keep the original tcp reno implementation in case you want
to compare yours with it in the future.

Cheers,
-Polly