[ns] Re: AW: routing problem

LanNode instproc add-route is a null method, in vlan.tcl.

Since a LAN is a shared media, the route to b or d or e is the same: Link Layer.

It is more a matter of addressing than a matter of routes.

You could modify LanRouter.

It looks to me that the functionnality you are looking for is more "agent-like".
Wouldn't you be better off with an agent that will set the dst address of
packets emanating from a to b's address so that node b gets them and do the
processing and then sends them to e?

> > >    i have this LAN topology.
> > >

> > >        -----------------
> > >         |    |    |    |
> > >        a   b   c   d
> > >
> > >      Node a is sending data to Node e. Packets from Node a will pass
> > through
> > > Node d then to Node e.
> > >      is it possible to let the packets from Node a to go to Node b first
> > so
> > > that Node b can do some processing. Node b then send the packets to Node
> > > and finally to Node e.
> > >
> > >      i tried using the add-route command to configure Node a to have a
> > route
> > > to Node b. however, it does not seem to
> > > work cos packets are still forwarded to Node d.
> >
> 	  i was thinking of adding " $lannode add-route E B" command in the
> add-route method in the class
> 	LanNode in vlan.tcl. This is done so that traffic from A will be
> diverted to B when the virtual node receives
> 	the traffic from A. Do you think it is workable ? thanks.
>
> 	rgds,
> 	kwang mien

Tarik