Re: [ns] How can I find those examples from your website?

Tao,

Unfortunately you need to 'painfully' install ns to access the examples !!

-- Martin

> Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:07:33 -0600
> From: Tao Wu <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [ns] How can I find those examples from your website?
>
> Hi, guys,
>
> I'm a student in ISU and I'm interested in your ns software. Now I need
> to use it to do some simulation for my research project, and I checked
> your ns web page-www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns.html. From the
> introduction, I know there are a lot of examples I can refer:
>

> ns simple.tcl
>        in ns-2/tcl/ex: a simple nam demo.
>        ns rc.tcl
>        in ns-2/tcl/ex: rate-based congestion control.
>        ns tg.tcl
>        in ns-2/tcl/ex: traffic generation modules. Comments in tg.txt.
>        ns-2/tcl/ex/rbp_demo.tcl Compres TCP with rate-based pacing
> against other variants.
>        ns mac-test.tcl
>        in ns-2/tcl/ex: tests for LANs, especially the MAC protocols.
> There are several options, all specified/documented in the source file.
> The MAC protocols currently
>        supported include CSMA/CA (modeled after the AT&T WaveLAN),
> CSMA/CD (modeled after standard 10 Mbps Ethernets), Multihop (loosely
> modeled after Metricom's
>        Ricochet), and the 802.11 protocol. Coming soon are complete
> tests for the link layer protocols in the distribution, such as the
> snoop protocol, and tests for various error
>        models.
>        ns-2/tcl/ex/test-suite-intserv.tcl : A test suite which
> demonstrates 4 admission-control algorithms to support controlled load
> class of service in ns. More details can be
>        found in ns-2/tcl/ex/test-suite-intserv.txt.
>        ns-2/tcl/ex/test-rlm.tcl : A nam-based test which demonstrates
> support for Receiver Layered Multicast (RLM) in ns.
>        ns-2/tcl/ex/test-tbf.tcl : A nam-based test which demonstrates
> use of a token bucket filter in ns.
>        ns-2/tcl/ex/test-rcvr.tcl : A test for demonstrating support for
> delay-adaptive receivers in ns.
>        ns-2/tcl/ex/trace-driven.tcl : An test for trace driven random
> variable.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> I think these examples would do good to me for grasping how to use the
> ns quickly.  But, I can't find these examples from the website. Could
> you please tell me where I can find them?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tao
> Mar 13th, 2000

Martin L.W.D Koyabe			e-mail: [email protected]
Electronics Research Group
Fraser Noble Building
King's College, AB24 3UE		(Off) +44-01224-272813
Aberdeen, UK				(Mob) +44-07881-610825