Re: [ns] sending a new packet type

No target for slot 8 means the classifier has nothing in the slot number 8.
Could it be that the target for newAgent is not the correct classifier? Maybe it
passes the packets to the agent classifier instead of the node classifier. It
would explain that the classifier doesn't have any pointers in slot 8. (It
should have a pointer to the head of the link corresponding to the next hop from
src to dst).

 Hi Yuri, Srinivasan, Haobo, and Tarik.

> Thanks for the attempts to help me, to everyone who has tried.
>
> Yes I connect the two agents this way, from the Tcl script.  Then, I call
> the new agent's "send" function from the Tcl script:
> $newAgent send $myArgument
>
> The new send function is defined in my 'newAgent.cc' file, and it
> definitely gets called, since I put a 'printf' function within the
> newAgent::command function definition for the 'send' command.  I check to
> make sure that the command called is 'send' (just like in the Ping example
> from Greis).
>
> Next I set the destination for the new packet by doing this (from the
> newAgent.cc script).  I use the '$myArgument' value which was sent from
> the tcl code as an argument to the function call:
> hdrip->dst()= $valueSentToFunction;
>
> And then I send the packet from within the 'newAgent.cc' code,
> using the following line:
> send(pkt, 0);
>
> I'm getting this error message when I don't use gdb (and 8 happens to be
> the node which should be receiving the packet!):
> _o312: no target for slot 8
>
> When I do use gdb, I get this error message:
> "_o312: no target for slot 8
> Program exited with code 01."
> (and when I try to print values for _o312, it doesn't exist anymore...)
>
> Thanks ahead for any helpful hints!
> -Lori
>
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Srinivasan Jagannathan wrote:
>
> > did you connect the two agents ?
> > use "$ns connect $agent1 $agent2"
> >
> > -Srinivasan

Tarik