Re: [ns] Question about file size

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Diepchi T Tran wrote:

> I want to transfer 10 tcp packets by ftp. When I use $ftp set maxpkts_ 10,
> I get much more that ten packets sent.

Um, that's only valid for Source/FTP: a holdover from before the
application/agent days. maxpkts_ is an agent function, not an
application function.

> When I use $ns_ at 1.2 "$ftp send 10", only one packet is sent.

Which is just what you'd expect for a ten-byte ftp transfer. So, are
you using Application/FTP?

You could try something like:

$ns at 1.2 "$ftp send [expr 10 * [$tcp set packetSize_]]"

where $tcp is the agent $ftp is connected to, but really

$ns at 1.2 "$ftp produce 10"

is what you're looking for with Application/FTP; a read of
~ns/tcl/lib/ns-source.tcl will be most instructive.

L.