Re: [ns] how to use TCP/Sack1 to simulate HTTP application?

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, qian wrote:

> I want to simulate a HTTP appliation with TCP/Sack1 as its TCP model,
> The problem is :
> The sender seems not to be able to understand the SACK message from
> receiver. After the sender sends the first data packet to receiver and
> receiver acks, the connection will keep idle.
>
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong ?
> Does NS support the combination of HTTP and TCP/Sack?

I'm willing to bet that your problem is similar to one I ran into
earlier with FullTcp vs the satellite routing code - adjustments for
header sizes confusing code that expects certain specific sizes of ACK
packets.

I see the SimpleTcp in webcache/ makes header size adjustments, as
does InvalAgent...

L.