[ns] question about flow balance in the Ns simulation

Dear Ns user

Have you ever got any experiences about the verification of the flow
balance in Ns simulation? I mean, the total amount of the traffic into the
system should be equal to that out of the system.

"$ns_ flush-trace" will flush the trace buffer. Is it possible that some
packets still stayed in the buffer of the queue and donot go into the
trace buffer  when the simulation is over.  I have the above doublt, for
when I inserts some log code into the packet sending agent and queue
objects to record the packet arrivals and droppings, I found that it seems
that there are some packets missing.

Thanks for your comments

sean
Hei Xiaojun
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Hongkong University of Science and Technology