Re: [ns] ++ndatapack_ in TCPAgentVegas::output

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Pablo Souki Mauricio Jiminez wrote:

> Here's the thing: We're running simulations on TCP
> variants, and up until friday everything was running
> smoothly. On friday, after we messed around with the
> tcp.cc file, all TCP Vegas simulations died. We
> reverted every change in tcp.cc, and nothing happened.
> The main thing we were doing was tracking the
> "ndatapack_" variable in TCPAgent. We finally figured
> out that in the Vegas simulations ndatapack_ was never
> being incremented. We inserted the line
>
> ++ndatapack_;
>
> in the TCPAgentVegas::output subroutine, and
> everything started working fine again. Does anyone
> understand what happened?

Yes. Read:

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg01115.html
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg01381.html

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ns-2/tcp-vegas.cc

You want tcp-vegas.cc version 1.27; upgrade to a current snapshot.

L.