[ns] Setup of downloaded binary files in windows

I used the search utility to check out previous messages on using the
Windows pre-built binary files for ns and nam, and did not find any that
address my question.  So...

I have downloaded the binary files for ns and nam to run under Windows,
and I put them together in a folder c:\ns-2 in lieu of any instructions
from the download page on what to do with these files.  Now I am going
through the Greis tutorial.  To run ns, I go to the DOS prompt change to
the ns-2 directory and enter "ns."  Things are working OK so far, except
as follows:

   *When I run ns by typing "ns examplex.tcl" the program runs but
doesn't exit by itself.  I think it is supposed to automatically
terminate and transfer control to nam, but it doesn't, and I have to use
Ctrl-C to stop the program.  Then I get the prompt back and I run nam by
entering "nam out.nam" at the DOS prompt.  Nam then works as advertised.

Someone please advise me on this setup--it's working, but I suspect that
a more normal setup would not require my use of Ctrl-C.  Thanks.

-- Len Miller
Leonard E. Miller, Wireless Comm. Technologies Group
    National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
    100 Bureau Drive Stop 8920, Bldg. 820, Room 445
    Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-8920
Phone: 301-975-8018        Fax: 301-590-0932
email: [email protected], [email protected]
http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/