Re: [ns] animated gifs from ns

As an alternative, I believe you can use berkeley mpeg_encode to convert a
sequence of ppm files to a mpeg-1 stream. This was what nam animation
implemented about 3 years ago (I think before the animated gif got into
nam...)

You can get the software from
ftp://mm-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU/pub/multimedia/mpeg/encode/