[ns] small run time problem!!!!

Hi,
         I downloaded allatonce ns-2 and installed it on RedHat linux release
                 6.2. I was going through the Marc Greis' Tutorial. I typed in
the code                            for the first example and also tried
running it by downloading it.
         When i run the example1a.tcl file it gives me the following error

         ns: finish: couldn't execute "nam": no such file or directory
         while executing
         "exec nam out.nam &"
         (procedure "finish" line 7)
         invoked from within
         "finish"

         Now when i copy the file to nam1.0a8 folder in the download package
and
         run the out.nam file it runs and gives the required result.

         Could anyone please tell me how i can fix this problem.
         Because the tutorial says that nam will be started automatically and
we
         should be able to see the output. it's not happening though.

         Thank You,
         Pranav.