Re: [ns] multiple path links?

> I need a WDM links netween tunable /non tunable nodes.I thought of going for
> a multple simple links with different bandwidth,but it dint work as i need to.

ns allows only one link between any two nodes. This is determined by the
way links are stored. See Simulator::simplex-link in ns-lib.tcl.

If you want multiple links with different qualities between two nodes, you
have to encapsulate them somehow in a single link structure. But then you
have the routing and packet forwarding issues among these parallel links.

> I would welcome some suggestions on using a multilink which has been removed
> from
> ns-lib.tcl versioned 1.144.

multi-link was used to simulate a lan. That's why it was removed when the
current lan implementation was added. I could be wrong but I don't think
it can establish more than one links between the same two nodes.

- Haobo