Re: [ns] TCP source dropping packets

Hi Adeel,

  Thanks for your reply. In my case the link delay varies between 30 to 150ms, and the link bw is 100Mbps. So I wouldn't consider this as small delay, but I have made my TCP window size extremely large. I was thinking the reason for source to drop packets is, when the cong window is increasing, the source may not be able to pack more than BW*Delay bytes into the link, if the window is bigger than the BW*Delay product, it can drop packets at the source. Is my argument valid ??

Thanks,

Vijay