Re: [ns] a question about routing in NS.

> hi seniors,
> i'm new NS. Here i got a doubt in routing. I noted that routing in NS
> is done using the hop count but not using the link costs. is that true? I
> made this statement because i found that changing cost of the link doesn't
> effecting the routing. But for my research i want this routing to dine
> using weightage of the link.
> how is that possible?
> can anyone help me.........please

> thanks in advance,

> mahesh

Mahesh,

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that routing is using
hop-count as metric (maybe the confusing code variable names ;) ?) but
no, routing is using link costs as metrics

In the patch I've just sent to the list there is a piece of code
(commented with //---- Cut here --  ) that will actually dump the
routing table (next hop to that destination and minimum cost to that
destination). IIRC there is a top-level procedure in ns that dumps the
routing table content (check the ns manual).

Cheers,

Florian