[ns] problem with simulation scricpts

hai all,

i installed ns-2.1b8 successfully, i tried running some examples in /tcl/ex. they are working perfectly. i tried to write my own simulation and it didnt work. i am confused with commands which work in tcl scripts. we have queuemonitor object where should i instantiate and use it to monitor the queue statistics like delay drop counters etc. correct me please i am trying to instantiate the objects in tcl scripts similarly as i instatiate ns,nodes etc. its very urgent can any one help me in this matter. any kind of help will be appriciated.

thanks
--vijay