[ns] multicast

Hello All,

I have two questions, regarding simulation of Multicast experiments.
I am using ns-2.1b6 (all in one suite). I am running some experiments to
measure the fairness of my multicast client to  another TCP client that
is sharing the bottleneck link with me. To ensure the same round trip
time of TCP and MCAST how do I configure the network? Is there a special
way to explicitly set TCP round trip time other than via. the link
latencies (transmission delays)

Second question is regarding the behavior of router when it dumps a
packet. During simulation, due to buffer overflow, when the router drops
a packet, does it free the packet? I have an instance of simulation in
which the client takes a while to start receiving the packets. Till the
client receives the packets, the router drops them (as no client is
subscribed to that Multicast Address). So, I want to know whether the
router releases the memory associated  with a packet, when it drops it.

thank you very much in advance for your attention,

simon