Re: [ns] Validation problems: ./test-all-red and ./test-all-webcachenetwork simulator ns-2 fails!

Hi,

See the following page:

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html

It has the following paragraph:

Problem: Running validation on RedHat Linux 6.0 with egcs-2.91.66 reports
the following test suites as broken:

             ./test-all-cbq ./test-all-cbq-v1 ./test-all-webcache
./test-all-wireless-lan
             ./test-all-wireless-gridkeeper
./test-all-wireless-lan-newnode ./test-all-wireless-lan-tora

    Solution: Remove -O2 optimization from the makefile and recompile
everything. Alternatively, you can configure everything
    with debugging enabled, which doesn't pass -O2 option to the
compiler. Just do:

             make clean
             ./configure --enable-debug
             make

So, in the Makefile, you'll see a line:
CCOPT = -O2

The above 3 commands will change that to CCOPT = -g -Wall

This is what you need.

I'm also a new ns user. I too had some tests failing (RED). Even
after doing the above, I have the tests failing. But it may help in your
case. So I request you to make a precise note of any improvement that you
get (reduced failures) after compiling with the above changes made, and
let me know if it helped.

Thanks,
Gaurav.

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Seidl Robert wrote:

> > Hi ,
> > I am using ns-allinone-2.1b8a on a pentium III 800MHz with red hat
linux 7.$> > ./test-all-red
> > ./test-all-webcachenetwork
turned o$> > This is due to some event reordering, which will disappear
when -g is turne$> >