Re: [ns] Performance enhancing proxies

For spoofing, we used the 'trace-callback' in NS (a feature which allows you to
perform a routine for each line in a trace).

Our constraints were that the spoofer needs to forward only unique data packets
and must not send data out of order.  The callback routine that we used is
attached (although not very well documented :)

-Joseph

Computer Engineer
NASA Glenn Research Center
[email protected]

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:31:48PM -0600, John Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Masters student in Computer Engineering, and I am preparing a report
> comparing the various ways to increase TCP performance over a high latency
> link.  I would like to simulate them using ns-2.
>
> Is there any code out there for simulating performance enhancing proxies ?
> And if so, is there any documentation about how to use it ?  If not, does
> anybody have any suggestions on where to begin, if I were to try to write an
> extension for PEPs ?
>
> I found a paper by Mark Allman and Joseph Ishac on the subject, where they
> used NS to simulate what I am talking about, but am clueless as to how they
> went about it.
>
> Thanks,
> John Graumann
>
> MSc. Student in Computer Engineering