Re: [ns] diffserv simulation

Hi,

>why do we use token bucket at the policer

e.g. you have the following policy:
aggregate with codepoint 10 are allowed to exit the network at a certain
egress node for a maximum rate of 1 Mbit/s and a maximum burstiness of 10
Kbytes

you can configure in the egress interface of that node:

-> a token bucket to meter IN-Profile and OUT-Profile traffic (CIR: 1 Mbit/s
CBS: 10 Kbytes)
-> a marker to mark OUT-Profile traffic with a different codepoint (e.g. 12)
-> a dropper to drop all packets with DSCP=12

>how the token bucket depth is related to cbs?

CBS is the token bucket depth and affects the burstiness of an incoming
traffic

Regards,

Sergio Andreozzi