(1) which version of ns was the code written for;
(2) a pointer to C/C++/OTcl code as well as simulation scripts on your web server;
and hopefully also:
(3) a simple README explaining special setups needed to run the simulations or tests.
(4) an example script illustrating the use of your protocol.
(5) code which works with the most recently released version of ns;
(6) a test script exercising most important points of your protocol (please refer to ns manual for detailed instructions);
(7) documentation comparable to the Agent/SRM chapter of ns manual;
We also recommend following the ns code style guidelines during code development.
Please send your pointers to the ns-users mailing list (email@example.com). Suggestions and comments are also welcome.