Re: ns-2.0b17 building problems on Linux 2.0.0

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 09:36:55 EST, [email protected] wrote:
>     I tried to bulid ns-2.0b17 on Linux 2.0.0 .
>     After finishing compilation and during linking the following error
>     was issued :
>
>      /usr/i486-linux/bin/ld :
>
>       cannot open -ldld: No such file or directory
>       The complete ouput is listed at the end of the mail.
>       What did I miss ?

What Linux distribution are you using?

I'm running ns under Linux with the RedHat 4.2 distribution.
./configure should figure out what libraries you need.
On my system it selected -ldl rather than -ldld.

You can manually change it to -ldl which may fix the problem.

   -John Heidemann