Re: inherit from Network ?

> From:  Armughan Javaid <[email protected]>
> To:    [email protected]
> Subject: inherit from Network ?
> Date:  Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:02:58 +0500
>

> We are trying to add Frame Relay module to NSv2. If we were to create a
> new network object, so that it appears to NS just as another node but
> within which we can have our own routing, switches, etc., so should we
> inherit from Network (net.h) or classifier ? What would be a good
> approach. Node is an OTcl class and there is no way to inherit that from
> C++.
>
> Thanking you in advance!

I would recommend against using "Network".  It is being used within
the context of emulation, and is used to abstract a live, real-world
network that gets interfaced with a running simulation.

As for your issue with FR, you can't use the existing set of
nodes an links to model the FR net?  If not, what problem(s)
have you run into?

- K