Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:44:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Padmaparna Haldar <[email protected]>
To: Shuqian Yan <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Hierarchical addressing

Shuqian,
I think if you really dont care about hier rtg, it'd be convinient for you
to just call Node expandaddr. this would give you an addr space of 30 bits
with 8bits allocated for port and rest for nodeaddr.
also be careful to allocate mcast address by calling "Node allocaddr".

Otherwise if you do want to use hier addressing you'd have to generate
hierarchical node address (using the right topology generator/converter)
and you'd have to set the EnableHierRt_ flag to 0 explicitly.

Obviously the first option seems more attractive/easy to me!
cheers,
--Padma.