Re: I can't use LAN broadcast! Help ME~~~~

[email protected] wrote:
You'll need to use multicast destination addresses for your senders, and
receivers will have to join the group to be able to receive.

If e.g. you set bcast_ variable in mcast classifier, then packets will
be replicated (every single one of them); but if they are unicast with
destination of, let's say, nodeX, then every node on the lan will
receive a copy, classify it as destined to nodeX and forward it to the
next hop towards nodeX.  If this next hop happens to be on the same
lan, the packet will be replicated again and so on.

Look at the node chapter in nsDoc about how packets are classified at a
node, and also the multicast chapter.  You'll probably need to use a
well-known group (WKG) for your agents.

humm This is my mistake... i am sorry...

i knew all of that, i read and tested about all..
if we want to send multiple destination, in LAN, we can use multicast capability in NS

But,.... Is different H/W broadcast and H/W Multicast in NS?
It's mean if we multicast to Lan nodes... is it not broadcast?

i don't know how to implemented broadcast in NS (i don't knew detail something, but i knew packet replication strategy, classifier-mac implement, csma/cd implement..... simple something)

In my common sense, It is different... ( multicast need join, report, leave message, Broadcast is nothing)

Anyway... Someone know receive method in application agent about broadcast message ( if it is not destination address )
Tell me.... please~~

Thanks [email protected]