RE: build two vesions of ns

Hi, Lloyd and all other:

I still need your more detailed instruction on how to change the directories
link in those configuration files. Could you list all the files that I need
to change? Since I don't want to blow the system up, could you also give me
some suggestions to prevent the bad things from happening. ( Of course, I
will back up all the current ns files in a tar file.)

Here is my plan:

I am going to create a new directories parallel to my current ns directory ,
say simulator, then put all stuff into that directory which is :

ns-src-2_0
otcl-1_0a1
nam-src-1_0a4
tcl8_0p2
tclcl-src-1_0b5

1. I am still not clear about the following you said in email : "usually
running off the same versions of Tcl/Tk/otcl/tclcl which are built in the
same directory." Is that means you are using same version of
Tcl/Tk/otcl/tclcl for different versions of ns, say ns-2.0 and ns-2.1?
or using respective vesions of Tcl/Tk/otcl/tclcl for each ns ?

2. How does parallel ns work in your machine? Do you have different ns
working at the same time? When you run a test file in ns-2.0, is that you
just typing ns-2.0 blar.tcl; and when you need to run it in ns-2.1, you just
type ns-2.1 blar.tcl?

What do you mean when you said "ns building using a different version of a
dependency in a different directory from the one I expected "? How to
prevent it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

cheers,

sarah