Re: your mail

> Salam Dr Ahmed,
> Thanks form your reponse ,
> I think i have a serious problem : I can't make more than one RP in
> the topology. So i search in the pim code and i find that this is due to
> the hash function .This function depend of RP only and not of pair
> (RP,group).
> The function code that i found is:
> hash {RP,group} {
> return $RP
>     }
> So the node whish is CRP and whish have the biggest id is designated as RP
> (Unic in all topology).
> Could you help me to resolve this problem?

so the code currently returns the RP for simplicity and it simply picks
the RP with the highest node ID (or equivalent to highest IP address) to
be the RP for all groups.
	You can simply just replace the hash function above with another,
more sophisticated hash function, similar to the one we presented in the
PIM-SM specification, or in the bootstrap paper.
	[for more details and links on this check either the PIM web page
catarina.usc.edu/pim,
or my web page
catarina.usc.edu/ahelmy/resume.html]

hope this helps,