[ns-users] Agent Modification (seqno dump)

I'm just starting some protocol development in ns and would just like a kick in
the right direction with something.

I've got a "ping" agent up and running and have added packet sequence numbers
with:

  int seqno_;

  int& seqno() { return (seqno_); }

in the packet header (hdr_ping) spec. I also have "int seqno_;" in the
protected part of my PingAgent class spec.

However, I'd like to dump out sequence numbers as pings are received in my tcl
scenario script. I was using the example:

-----------
Agent/Ping instproc recv {from rtt} {
    $self instvar node_
    puts "node [$node_ id] received ping ack from $from with round-trip-time
          $rtt ms."
}

and would really like to know how to add a 'seqno_' dump in there. I've tried
several different approaches but to no avail. ns doesn't seem to recognise the
variable. This is obviously something I'm doing wrong, but a push in the right
direction would be greatly appreciated.

rik wade
--
ATM-Multimedia Group        |  tel: +44(0)113 2336589
School of Computer Studies  |  fax: +44(0)113 2335468