How to generate topology on PC Linux RedHat 5.2 ??

Dear Ns users,
I am working on a project that involves the simulation of a diffserv network.

I  installed  ns.2-1b5 under Red Hat Linux 5.2 Linux in my PC.
Now I am interested in using a topology generator.
I tryed to use ITM included in the package but I had some problems:
I compile  ITM succesfully, but It don't work because it fails at run time.

So i downloaded  Tiers-v1.0. Nothing to do, I can't  compile it succesfully.

What shoul I do to generate a topoloy ?
Thanks in advance.

Luca Liberti