Re: installing errors

the problem is "cross compiling"

check with the guy who installs the gcc, or check your
path to the gcc library. usually if gcc is not finally
compiled and installed, some autoconfig scripts fail.

from the output you attached, it seems that you are
using cc, not gcc.

At 05:47 PM 8/16/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Could anyone please look at the following error messages during
>installation? I remember someone asked it before. I had this problem twice.
>Last time when I tried to install on UNIX with gcc2.7, it happened. I just
>tried to use a more up-to-date gcc directory on the server, then it worked.
>But this time when I tried to install with gcc2.8.1, it happened again, and
>I don't know what to do. This is the newest gcc version I have, also I am
>wondering if this installation is really related to OS version and gcc
>version. Could anyone give me some advice? Thanks a lot.
>
>Huiwen

  PAN Jianping                                      [email protected]