Re: NAM error.

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:33:54 PDT, "Kartik Sudeep" wrote:
>Thanks!
>I have been able to successfully make nam.exe. However, now I am facing with
>problems running nam.
>
>When I try to run NAM from the prompt (Win95), I get the following error...
>
>------------------
>nam: Can't find a usable tk.tcl in the following directories:
>    . ./tk8.0 ./tk8.0 ./lib/tk8.0 ./library ./tk8.0/library ./library
>./tk8.0/library
>------------------
>
>I do not understand why nam should look in these directories for tk.tcl.
>I have installed TK in ..\tk8.0.4 and the file tk.tcl is also present in
>..\tk8.0.4\library
>
>Is there a way that I can modify the makefile for nam so that it can look in
>the appropriate directory for tk.tcl ?
>
>Thanks!
>-Kartik
>
>>Look at gen/version.c to see if it's empty. If so, then you probably want
>>to remove it and recompile. There's something wrong when it tried to
>>generate it.
>>
>>- Haobo

tk.tcl should be built into the tclcl library.
I'd guess embedded-tk.cc in tclcl wasn't built correctly
for the same reason yoru gen/version.c wasn't made correctly in ns.

Please make sure embedded-{tcl,tclobj,tk}.cc in tclcl have (lots of!)
text in them and rebuild/relink to get the corrected versions if
necessary.

   -John Heidemann