Re: -routerTrace ON

I guess you've modified the script wireless3.tcl , 'cuz the original script
doesn't have
energy model being turned on ...anyway, I'm not sure why you cannot see
energy depletion
in nam since I don't have your complete script (one possible reason I can
think of is
your initial energy is lower than the unit energy consumption per
transmit/receipt......).
You can look at the examples in +AH4-ns/tcl/ex/PIdemo
which demo the energy depletion

+AD4-I have looked in ns/doc and finally found a couple of things.
+AD4-In my wireless3.tcl I gave above
+AD4-set opt(energymodel)    EnergyModel     +ADs-
+AD4-set opt(initialenergy)  0.01               +ADsAIw- Initial energy in Joules
+AD4-set opt(adhocRouting)   DSDV                   +ADsAIw- routing protocol
+AD4-
+AD4-and then by node-config
+AD4-                 -adhocRouting +ACQ-opt(adhocRouting) +AFw-
+AD4-                 -energyModel +ACQ-opt(energymodel) +AFw-
+AD4-                 -routerTrace ON +AFw-
+AD4-                 -rxPower 0.3 +AFw-
+AD4-                 -txPower 0.6 +AFw-
+AD4-                 -initialEnergy +ACQ-opt(initialenergy) +AFw-
+AD4-....
+AD4-
+AD4-but still I get the homocentric crises, I have more power in the
+AD4-motion and no colour though I wished a little bit colour.
+AD4-I thought energyModel provides colour and -routerTrace ON together
+AD4-with DSDV the linear rays...
there are 3 types of packets in wireless net : namely data, routing and mac
layer packet  . By default
, nam will show them ALL (however if you download the newest nam snapshot ,
it will provide
a GUI filter to show one at a time, but it's still in experimental stage) .
For packet which is broadcast
to neighbors , it's shown as rippling circles . And unicast packets are
shown as small squares like
in wired net . And only when you turn on routerTrace , then unitcast packet
can be shown .

Hope it helps.
Kun-chan