Re: [ns] as a tag in the subject line

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, John Heidemann wrote:

> Now if someone would write the tool that suppresses first time
> postings,

Given that ns-users is an open list and is advertised on the mash
web-pages in a number of places as a general catch-all address for
problems/questions, and that a number of 'first posts' have
contributed technically aware fixes/patches before returning to
silence, suppressing first-time postings strikes me as a Bad Idea.

my own first post before I got around to subscribing:
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9710/0002.html

> autosending them the FAQ...

is a good idea - but a mailing list FAQ should be different from the
installation problems FAQ, and needs to be written first...

L.

thank goodness ns-users is just called [ns] and not e.g. [DARPA VINT
simulation testbed research project public mailing list] -
hey, can we call it [n] or [] for short?