Re: [ns] Installation of Cellular IP,HAWAII,....(ns 2 extension)

On Wed, 2 May 2001, ALBERTO FELIPE PEREZ wrote:

> Hi all,
>  I'm working with ns-allinone-2.1b7a under Linux Red Hat 6.2 and I want to install a ns 2 extension for the following protocols:
>
>  -Cellular IP
>  -HAWAII
>  -Hierarchical Mobile IP
>
>  I have download the file ns-2.1b7-micro.tar.gz from : http://www.comet.columbia.edu/micromobility/software.htm
>  MY PROBLEM is that I cannot uninstall de ns-2.1b7a to use this           ns-2.1b7-micro because my partner need it to work with MPLS, and we have to share the computer where the ns-allinone-2.1b7a is installed. SO COULD YOU TELL ME IF I CAN INSTALL THIS ns-2.1b7-micro IN THE ns-allione DIRECTORY AND USE IT WITHOUT UNISTALL THE ns-2.1b7a DIRECTORY ?
>
> If it�s posible to do it, please, what do I have to do "step-by-step" to do the installation, please? because I'm an amateur user of ns and Linux and I don't know how to recompile my ns directory.

You should be able to install ns-micro in a separate dir, sharing
tclcl, otcl and tcl/tk lib with ns-2.1b7
you would need to build ns (the micro version) by hand. but with all other
pieces already built, it shouldn't be too difficult.
first run the configure script specifying paths for tclcl etc (see
default options in configure script).
Then type make to compile ns.

Hope this helps,
--Padma.

>  Thanks.

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar