Re: IP ALERT

Polly is usually very correct and on the dot with her responses.  My only
disagreement with her in this message is that I would not mimic
the implementation of the NetworkInterface object.  It was done at a time when
we were still learning ns-2, very early in the day, and the design reflects
our level of maturity at that time.  It is due for an overhaul at some point.

> 1. mimic the implementation of NetworkInterface object
> (net-interface.cc?) to create your own ip packet marker

> 2. insert these ip packet markers like inserting loss modules into links
> (see previous ns-user discusion about inserting losses)

She is, however, correct about the other stuff.
One more alternative to look at might be the TTLchecker object that
simply decrements the TTL in a packet.  Your idea sounds similar to
any of these other implementations,

Kannan