Re: fragmentation/reassembly functions at link layer

Hi,

I have got the source code from Lloyd Wood (written by Hashimoto and
Sarikaya) for segmentation/reassembly. I find this agent-based approach
a little bit inflexible. Principally, I think ns should support packet
generating at link layer (that is, some classes derived from class
Connector or LinkDelay can generate packets) so that it supports the
implementaion of some protocols at link-layer. I have actually found an
example in mac-802_11.cc. The mac layer creates packets and send them to
the other end. But the hdr_cmn::uid_ field is set to 0 here. My question
is that what is the function of uid_ and whether we can trace packets
with uid_=0 using nam.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nguyen Huu Thanh

Lloyd Wood wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Kaichuan He wrote:
>
> >       Hi, I also feel it's necessary to implement datagram
> > fragment/reassemble in IP layor of ns.
>
> There was third-party code for segmentation and reassembly at link
> layer for ns 2.1b2 - talk to Behcet Sarikaya ([email protected])
> or Yukio Hashimoto ([email protected]) about it.
>
> It was last seen in: ftp://cc-lab.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/ (now empty).
>
> They created a segmentation-and-reassembly agent. More discussion of
> this in the mail archives, July-October last year.
>
> L.
>
> <[email protected]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

    Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
    Institut fuer informationstechnische Systeme
    Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39
    85577 Neubiberg
    Tel.: +49 89 6004-2279
    Email: [email protected]