Re: Active networking in ns

At 14:07 14/10/99 -0400, you wrote:

>> [active networking in ns]
>> >
>> >I am playing with similar problems, I have found two ways of doing this:
>> >
>> >1) Modify the classifer/forwarder in the node to check for an active
>> >packet mark.  This then gives it to the AN processor for the current
>> >node.
>
>Without modifying a classifier it could be possible to have a filter
object that
>would do the checking and send the packet to AN processor if necessary.
Place
>the filter between the classifier and the node so that every packet received
>could be checked.

This is also similar to what the PANAMA's AN package does: they
have a classifier-switch which then is connected to the 'standard'
classifier and to one classifier-an (for active packets). Standard,
regular packets are forwarded to the 'standard' classifier while
active packets are forwarded to the classifier-an object.

But this approach also involves modifiying classifier.cc, so that
the first object found in the node is classifier-switch instead
of classifier.

Is this what you suggested - or am I missing something ? Can I
put the 'filter object' you mention above between the node and
the classifier without modifying ns internals ?

Regards,
G.

--
Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia