M.E., Aerospace & Ocean Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg VA B.S., Aerospace Engineering, Boston University, Boston MA
David Barhhart has been Director/ Professor at Department of Astronautical Engineering and Information Sciences Institute. He has co-founder of one of the first business for Infrastructure-as-a-Service in Space for new Technology Hosting, Satellite Integration, Assembly and Resupply called Arkisys. He has authored over 60 articles, conference and journal papers available upon request.
SYSTEM XV: A Computer Tool for Regulation XV Plan Generation, Barnhart, David Allan; U.S. Patent and Copyright Office, Washington, D.C., Software Copyright 1990.
EPOCH: Elementary Program in Orbital Mechanics, Barnhart, David Allan, U.S. Patent and Copyright Office, Washington D.C., Software Copyright 1986.
SPIDR: Systems Portal for Design in Realtime Synthesis Tool, Barnhart, David Allan; Kichkaylo, Tatiana; Hoag, Lucy; Will, Peter, USC ISI Intellectual Property Patent application, April 2007.
Deployable Parabolic Antenna for Cubesats, Barnhart, David Allan; Smolik, John; Sachs, Jeff; Vartanians, Emin, USC ISI Intellectual Property patent disclosure, February 2007
Cubesat Quad Monopole Automatic Deployment Module, Barnhart, David Allan; Smolik, John; Sachs, Jeff; Bezouska, William; Barrett, Tim; USC ISI Intellectual Property patent disclosure, March 2010. Multi-Armed Soft Capture System, Barnhart, David Allan; Rogers, Rebecca. USC ISI Intellectual Property patent disclosure, September 2019.
USING GENETIC ALGORITHMS FOR SAFE SWARM TRAJECTORY OPTIMIZATION, Barnhart, David Allan; Rughani, Rahul; Presser, Tyler. USC ISI Intellectual Property patent disclosure, November 2020.
Genderless Docking System for Spacecraft, Barnhart, David Allan; Nguyen, Jonathan. USC ISI Intellectual Property patent disclosure, December 2021.
· USC Mentoring Award for Astronautics and Space Technology Division
· AIAA Space Systems Award, Team Member Recipient for Boeing/AFRL XSS-10 Spacecraft Mission
· Elected Member, National AIAA Space Logistics/Space Systems Technical Committee
· Elected Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
· Air Force Research Laboratory, “Program Manager of the Quarter Award”
· Acquisition Professional Development Program Certification Level III: Program Management and Systems Engineering
· ACAT Team Honored at 25th Anniversary Celebration of Apollo XI by Vice President Al Gore, Los Angeles CA